With apologies to the purists, here are the songs that helped me figure out that The Blues was the thing:
· Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
· Led Zeppelin – When The Levee Breaks
· The Doors – Riders On The Storm
· Canned Heat – On The Road Again
· Cream – Crossroads
· Led Zeppelin – Since I’ve Been Loving You
· Elvis Presley – Heartbreak Hotel
· Johnny Winter – Highway 61 Revisited
· The Beatles – Come Together
· Creedence Clearwater Revival – Suzie-Q
Yeah, I know – but we all get there by different roads. For me, Main Street was called Beatles Avenue. Take a right at Rock & Roll Drive, left on Psychedelic Boulevard, left again at Hard Rock Road, slip down a back alley and you find this cool juke joint where they’re all playing: B.B., Muddy, Sonny Boy, Howlin’’ Wolf, Hooker … all of ‘em.
Does the road matter if we reach the destination?